Bridges Out of Poverty Workshop
The one-day Bridges Out of Poverty workshop introduces participants to a comprehensive approach for understanding the dynamics that cause and maintain poverty from the individual to the systemic levels. Bridges Out of Poverty uses the lens of economic class and provides concrete tools and strategies for a community to prevent, reduce, and alleviate poverty; it is designed to provide a broad overview of concepts.
As a result of the workshop, participants will:
- Gain a better understanding of poverty and its causes
- Analyze and have a better understanding of their environment, circumstances, and role in society
- Learn to build relationships of mutual respect with people from other environments and classes
- Analyze poverty through the prism of the hidden rules of class, resources, family structure, and language
- Acquire specific strategies for improving outcomes for people living in poverty
Cedar Park | Christ Episcopal Church Saturday, November 16, 20198:30 AM to 5:00 PMRegister Here!
We are currently scheduling workshops for 2019...
Contact us if your congregation is interested in hosting!