Request assistance from EHF's Community Engagement team
We work with community organizations that are interested in engaging community members, particularly low-income and vulnerable populations, to become advocates for health.
EHF offers learning opportunities, plus coaching and technical assistance to help your organization or coalition learn how to do meaningful community engagement work.
What are the benefits of involving communities?
- To assess the needs of the community
- To improve services based on community feedback
- To target resources where they are most effective and valued by the community
- To foster self-help and mutual-aid
- To be publicly accountable by sharing information on decision-making
- To bring diverse voices into the planning process and allow for consideration of perspectives that would not otherwise be heard or understood.