Holy Currencies 2021 | Ministry Idea Incubation
About Holy Currencies
Holy Currencies is a model for developing congregational ministries created by the Kaleidoscope Institute (KI), part of the Episcopal Diocese of Los Angeles. This model has been used internationally to strengthen the impact and sustainability of community-oriented ministries. It includes six “currencies”, or resources that, when combined, can lead to a more transformational ministry.
The Episcopal Health Foundation’s Ministry Idea Incubation Program
EHF looked for Episcopal congregations within the Episcopal Diocese of Texas with a desire to either 1) engage and better connect in their community to meet a need, 2) restart a community ministry that has withered.
At the end of the cohort process, congregations will have a ministry idea and a roadmap for building relationships, exploring community partnerships, and building congregational leadership. Congregations will be prepared to apply for the 2022 Holy Currencies Ministry Incubator where the idea can then be built into a plan for sustainable community partnership. The Ministry Idea Incubator is a first step toward creating and implementing a sustainable, long-term community ministry.
EHF will support, through the technical assistance of the Kaleidoscope Institute, a cohort of 6 Episcopal congregations to learn and apply the Holy Currencies model to create an idea. This online, Zoom-based cohort begins in late August 2021, with formal training concluding in December 2021. Participating congregations are expected to apply the learning and tools of Holy Currencies to the process of incubating their ministry idea.
Overview of the Incubation Process and Key Dates
- May 11, 2021: Informational Webinars at 12 PM and 6 PM
- June 30, 2021: Applications Due
- July 1 – 28, 2021: Application review may include a phone call with EHF and KI to discuss application if needed
- By July 30, 2021: Selected congregations and church teams notified
- August 31, 2021: Online orientation with your Congregational Holy Currencies Team (2 hours)
- September-November 2021: Bi-weekly, 1.5 hour Tuesday evening webinars for your team with Kaleidoscope Institute and EHF to learn more about the application of all six currencies. Teams will learn steps to create internal and external inventories, engage with your community and incubate a ministry idea that meets a community need.
- Spring 2022: Opportunity to apply for the Holy Currencies Ministry Incubator to build out your sustainable ministry plan utilizing the Holy Currencies framework.
We encourage you to consult with an EHF Congregational Engagement Officer to learn more about how Holy Currencies could benefit your ministry idea exploration or if you are interested in future opportunities.
Congregational Engagement Officers: