EHF continues to invest in congregations to develop leadership skills, build relationships with communities, and improve community health through ministry and outreach programs. We’ll continue to connect congregations with upcoming programs, training and events through community organizations.
EHF has identified the following upcoming opportunities for your congregation and community:
- Mental Health First Aid is an eight-hour, evidence-based course designed to empower individuals with no clinical training to help those with mental health needs by appropriately responding to signs of mental illness and effectively referring them to professional help. EHF continues to offer these workshops throughout the diocese to help equip people with the tools they need to recognize individuals experiencing a crisis and connect them with the right services.
If your congregation is interested in hosting a Mental Health First Aid workshop in 2020, please contact Melodee Toles at (832) 658-2662.
- The Traces of the Trade Tour is a series of viewing and discussion of the film Traces of the Trade: A Story from the Deep North, facilitated by DeWolf descendant Dain Perry and wife Constance Perry, hosted by EHF. For more information, you can watch the video here.
Below are the upcoming Fall 2019 tour dates:St. James’ Episcopal Church – Conroe
Wednesday, October 16, 2019
6:00 PM – 9:00 PM – Register Here! Trinity Episcopal Church – Galveston Friday, October 18, 2019 6:00PM – 9:00PM – Register Here! Trinity Episcopal Church – Baytown Saturday, October 19, 2019
5:00 PM – 8:00 PM – Register Here! Christ Episcopal Church – Tyler Friday, October 25, 2019
6:00 PM – 9:00 PM – Register Here!
For more information, please contact Eric Moen at (832) 807-2582.
- One Human Race is a one-day workshop designed to provide a safe, open, and productive framework for learning and sharing about racism as expressed through institutions and systems and how it impacts individuals. The workshop uses Eric Law’s mutual invitation method for sharing and also includes other concepts from Eric Law’s book The Wolf Shall Dwell with the Lamb. The One Human Race Initiative is a ministry of the Union of Black Episcopalians. Myra McDaniel chapter based in Austin, and utilizes the PBS series Race: The Power of an Illusion.
Saturday, November 9, 2019
9:00 – 5:30 PM – Register here!
- Bridges Out of Poverty is a one-day workshop sponsored by EHF on understanding the dynamics that cause and maintain poverty from the individual to the systemic levels. All Bridges workshops are FREE to the community and include lunch and workshop materials.
As a result of the workshop, participants will:
- Gain a better understanding of poverty and its causes
- Analyze and have a better understanding of their environment, circumstances, and role in society
- Learn to build relationships of mutual respect with people from other environments and classes
- Analyze poverty through the prism of the hidden rules of class, resources, family structure, and language
Check out our upcoming workshop in November:
For more opportunities to explore conferences, training, and events to increase knowledge and skills for congregational engagement, please visit our EHF’s Learning Opportunities webpage.
We’d also like to share any upcoming events hosted by your congregation or within your community. Please send us an email describing your event, the date and time, and a contact person.