The Center for Health Care Strategies (CHCS), in partnership with the Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC), the Texas Association of Health Plans and the Texas Association of Community Health Plans, and with support from Episcopal Health Foundation and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, is pleased to present this Learning Collaborative webinar that is focused on MCO strategies to improve maternal and child health (MCH) outcomes by address health-related social needs among Medicaid beneficiaries.
- Dr. Shao-Chee Sim, Vice President for Applied Research at the Episcopal Health Foundation will provide opening remarks
- Meghan Young, Manager at the Texas Health and Human Services Commission, will provide an overview of HHSC priorities and programmatic areas of opportunity for plans to address MCH
- Karin VanZant, Vice President of Life Services at CareSource health plan will share details about a pilot project that connects at-risk homeless mothers to stable housing; and
- Dr. Lisa Hollier, Medical Director at the Texas Children’s Health Plan will offer reflections on strategies that plans can explore to make inroads in improving MCH outcomes
- Facilitated Q&A: webinar participants will have the opportunity to ask questions of presenters and engage in discussion with peer plan representatives.